Sunday, May 11, 2008

Third Times a Charm?

OK I seriously, really really want to actually do this whole blogging thing before I forget everything about Jason's first moments of life. Amanda, I am so terribly jealous that you are talented enough to handle a baby and a blog because I just haven't been able to do it yet. But, now that he is a little bigger and easily amused by things like a walker and a vacuum cleaner that he just can't quite reach, maybe I'll have a couple of moments here and there to write about him.

Well to start, Jason was born on November 15th, 2007 at 1:16am. He weighed 7lbs, 5oz and was 20 1/4" long. I was in labor for 3 1/2 hours. Most women stop listening to me after I tell them that, so I'll just stop there.

Since then Jason has grown to somewhere over 17lbs...and I don't know how many inches. Good news is he has a 6 month well visit next Friday, so maybe I'll be able to get better stats soon. He can roll over, almost sit up, and he just started crawling the other day. He also just started babbling the other day too. I kept complaining to Josh that I didn't understand why everyone else's baby 'talked' so much but ours was so quiet. Now he delights us both with silly babble :)

He loves bananas, applesauce, green beans, peas, sweet potates and squash. He isn't too hot on peaches and pears unless I mix them into his cereal. He'll attempt to eat just about anything he can put into his hand and then bring to his mouth, including hair, t-shirts, and fake houseplants.

I think he's got some teeth coming in, although nothing has sprouted up yet. I can see one in his gums, I've been waiting for over a month now! He's learned how to pick his pacifier up and put it back in his own mouth. Now if only he would do that at night, I wouldn't have to get up at all :o)

That's all I can think of for now, but more to come hopefully...I swear I'm going to keep up with this thing this time!

0 comments:

Rosey - Jason's Mommy. Farfalla is designed by Graziano Muscas | Ported to Blogger by Template-Godown